Ever wanted to build your own drone? Well this drone has you install and assemble all the basic components of a drone. You’ll start with the frame, install the flight control board with its integrated electronic speed controller and receiver, install the motors, propellers, and finally its battery. Following that, you’ll calibrate and trim the drone for its maiden flight. You can find this drone kit here http://bit.ly/DIY-Drone
– Once assembled, this drone has flight capabilities of 6G stabilization, altitude hold, flip, auto takeoff and landing, and one key return.
– Comes with a transmitter already tuned to the receiver.
– 3.7V 300mah battery provides 6 minutes of flight time.
– LED lights help aid orientation in flight.
– Can be easily assmbled in about 6 minutes. But recommend taking your time if this is your first drone.
– Instruction manual has some errors regarding which side is front and back (the side with the antenna is the back).
– It does require quite a bit of trim for its first flight, even after calibrating the gyros. Be prepared to counter drift with the pitch roll stick on takeoff, while you adjust the trim buttons to achieve a stable hover.
– it has an unusual sliding drift when yaw is applied. Because of this, this drone is best flown outdoors where you’ll have extra room to counter this drift with roll control. Indoor flights will require installation of the prop guards, as impact with your walls is very likely.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video